Position Overview: Overall responsibility for the management and delivery of all domestic and home international matches and events.
- Overall management of all domestic and international men’s and women’s home matches including national championships and Inter-Provincial competitions and other Cricket Canada events.
- Liaison with host venues and/or local organising committees regarding all aspects of the events, such as broadcasting, seating, hospitality, catering (VIP, player/official/public) security match regulations (in conjunction with the General Manager).
- Working closely with CC volunteers in all provinces to deliver first class events.
- Prepare detailed event plans for international matches and domestic matches
- Responsible for submitting security plans and budgets for CC/ICC ahead of any tournaments.
- Appointment of team liaison managers for visiting international teams. This will include the selection of liaison officers, line management and payment of fees and expenses.
- Management of the income and expenditure budget for all events.
- Liaison with CC Finance Department regarding pre-event payments and post-event recharged/reconciliation/invoicing/credit control.
- Responsibility for managing ticketing arrangements for all major home matches.
- Facilitating delivery of on-ground/in-venue requirements to key stakeholders eg. broadcasters, written media, internet providers, hospitality caterers, security personnel, merchandisers etc.
- Form part of the CC Match Allocation Group who will make recommendations on venue selection to the CC Board.
- The Event manager will be an integral part of the CC Commercial Dept. and will participate in regular commercial meetings, sponsor meetings and will work closer with other CC Departments.
Skills and Experience:
- Be educated to degree or diploma level specialising in Event Management, or Recreation and Leisure Management, or Sports Management; and/or demonstrate four years’ relevant experience in Event Management.
- Must be highly organised and be able to work under pressure, with the ability to multi-task when planning a range of projects and initiatives that must be delivered.
- Team building, negotiation skills and experience in working with volunteers is essential. Ideally, a knowledge or interest in cricket.
- Highly developed written, verbal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience in dealing with media organisations would be desirable.
- Experience in using social media for events would be an advantage.
- Excellent time management-skills are required with the ability to work on one’s own and be self motivated. Demonstrable working knowledge of modern Microsoft IT and software packages including Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong administrative skills; experience with database management
- Must be prepared to work unsocial hours, including out of office hours and on weekends/bank-holidays.
Position Tenure: Part-time Position
Location: CC head office, Woodbridge, Ontario
Remuneration: TBD on an event to event basis
Applicants should send a CV and a covering letter at the least detailing compliance with the skills and experience marked for the attention of Ingleton Liburd, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in the subject line of your email “Events Manager”. Closing Date for Applications May 27, 2022.
Cricket Canada is an equal opportunities employer