Cricket Canada has announced the Canadian National Squad to participate in the Caribbean hosted ICC 2022 Men’s U19 World Cup. The fifteen member squad is as follows:
- Mihir Patel - Right Hand Batsman /Right Arm Medium Pacer (Captain)
- Anoop Chima -Wicket Keeper /Right Hand Batsman
- Arjuna Sukhu - Left Hand Batsman
- Ethan Gibson - Left Hand Batsman
- Gavin Niblock - Left Arm Medium Pacer
- Gurnek Johal Singh - Right Arm Medium Pacer/Left Hand Batsman
- Harjap Saini - Right Arm Off Spinner
- Jash Shah - Right Hand Batsman
- Kairav Sharma - Right Arm Leg Spinner/Batsman
- Mohit Prashar - Right Hand Batsman
- Parmveer Kharoud - Right Arm Medium Pacer
- Sahil Badin - Right Hand Batsman/Right Arm Leg Spinner
- Sheel Patel - Left Arm Orthodox Spin
- Siddh Lad - Right Hand Batsman/Wicket Keeper
- Yasir Mahmood - Right Hand Batsman
- Ayush Singh - Right Arm Medium Pacer
- Eran Maliduwapathirana - Right Arm Medium Pacer
- Ramanvir Dhaliwal - Left Hand Batsman
- Yash Mondkar - Right Arm Medium Pacer/Right Hand Batsman
The squad will be accompanied by five officials: Anil Khanna - Manager, Farouk Kirmani - Head Coach, Surendra Seeraj - Assistant Coach, Tejash Patel - Physio and Shah Zafar - Analyst.
The 2022 ICC U19 World Cup will involve sixteen teams competing in 48 matches from 14 January to 5 February across four Caribbean host countries. The sixteen competing teams will see current holders Bangladesh, England, Canada and the United Arab Emirates form Group A, with debutants Uganda placed in Group B alongside India, South Africa and Ireland. Group C comprises Pakistan, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe and Papua New Guinea and Group D sees host West Indies, Australia, Scotland and Sri Lanka.
The format will see the top two teams from each of the four groups advance to the Super League. The remaining teams will also feature in the Plate Playoffs across 23 days of competition.
Canada will begin its 2022 U19 ICC World Cup campaign on January 15, against fellow St Kitts based Group A opponents the UAE. Canada’s two remaining Group A Preliminary Round matches will be versus England on January 18, and against defending champions Bangladesh on January 20. Canada’s UAE fixture will be played at the St Kitts’ Conaree Cricket Centre while its two remaining Preliminary Round matches will both be played at the island’s famous Warner Park Cricket Stadium.