This is a volunteer position with no remuneration. Approved expenses for travel to board meetings and other events may be covered. The appointment is until the next Cricket Canada Annual General Meeting.
The general objectives of this position are:-
- Growing all aspects of female cricket in Canada through promotion, engagement of provincial associations and clubs, and developing female specific programming.
- Increasing the number of female players, coaches and officials
- Attend all board meetings
- Monitor Cricket Canada activities to ensure they comply with the organization’s gender equity policy
- Convene and chair the Women's cricket committee
- Serve on the appropriate committees to represent women's cricket (development, HP, coaching, officials, national teams etc.)
- Act as an advisor to the selection committee on selecting women’s national and development teams
- Coordinate women’s national level (inter-provincial) tournaments
- Liaise with women’s cricket coordinators for each province, and coordinate development programmes
- Develop and monitor a budget for women’s cricket
- Recommend and coordinate recruitment of national team coaches for the women's’ programme
- Supervise the development of female specific coaching and development programmes (i.e ICC Mothers/ daughters programme)
- Provide input into strategic planning, particularly on female cricket
- Coordinate development of a national women’s cricket strategy
- identify and report to the board the progress and challenges of women's cricket.
Qualifications and Experience
These qualifications are to be considered those ideal for the position. Candidates who do not satisfy all of them can still be considered.
- At least three years experience as coach, player or administrator in women’s cricket in Canada
- Good understanding of the issues and challenges impacting women’s cricket in Canada
- Experience and understanding of the general sports environment in Canada.
- Strong administrative skills
- Good communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Ability to both lead and work within a team.
- Strong record of effective work as a volunteer, preferably with experience at board level with a provincial member.
- Based in Canada
Candidates should submit a CV and a covering letter outlining their suitability for the position to email@example.com before August 7th 2020.